Wednesday, October 1, 2014

25 Sticks of Butter

No, the title does not refer to a crazy recipe or a Paula Deen Christmas special.
It refers to my continued efforts to get my weight and mostly my cholesterol numbers down.
It would be nice to think that my weight loss thus far was pure fat.
I know it's not, but that does not deter me.
I feel better.
I don't ache as much, despite my increased activity level.
My clothes fit better.
photo credit: telegraph.co.uk
I know I'll never look like this lovely butter sculpture (ironic, huh?) again and 7+ pounds is just a drop in the proverbial bucket toward my goal.

I even weathered a weekend full of eating out and a potluck party at my house.
(tip: there are about 4 servings of pasta in your typical Italian restaurant serving!)

I'm 3 weeks in and hanging in there.

This post is merely to keep me accountable.  
Not looking for praise. 

3 comments:

  1. WOO HOO! Well done. Keep on keeping on. Chains of butter can hold you down but you're breaking out.

    Answer to your question on my blog: The masking I used is a liquid medium similar to rubber cement but made specifically to be used on watercolor paper. It peels off most of the time without any problem. I use Ace Hardware masking tape around the outside of the painting. It's the best brand I've found for the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! GOOD FOR YOU! Losing weight is hard to do and you are DOING IT!!!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/?s=The+Adventures+of+Fuzzy+and+Boomer&submit=Search
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss. Losing weight is hard and if you're feeling better and the clothes fit better that is what counts. Good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete