Friday, September 5, 2014

Happy Birthday Teeny Mumpkin!


He's not so teeny anymore.
He's not Mumpkin anymore either.
Most of his life it's been Quinnie Bear.
Lately, he's Bubbee.
Mostly, he's just Quinn.

 It's so very odd to be happy and sad, wrapped up in one feeling.
I miss the little boy in this picture every day.
I miss his carefree days---for his sake.  
Sometimes for mine, too.

However, I am so very proud of him now.
Of the choices he makes every day to be a good guy, a responsible guy, a friendly guy.
He's doing it because he wants to, not because he's been asked to.
That's the difference between a 3 year old and a 16 year old. 

Happy 16th Birthday Quinnie!
I love you truly, madly, deeply!
Mom


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Quinn!! They grow up so fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fine, handsome young man! My grandchildren are growing up now also and, while I miss the little ones they were, I am also proud of the fine young people they have become! Happy Birthday, Quinn!

    Blessings,
    Dianne
    www.sweetjourneyhome.com

    ReplyDelete