Thursday, April 17, 2014

Herding Cats

In this case, it's herding 'cat'.
My friend Carson has an orange cat.
He is just like Hobbes in every way except having his picture taken.
Hobbes, not so much.
When I'm outside, my terribly aloof cat becomes a love bug.
Purr, purr, purr.
Rub, rub, rub.
Meow, meow, meow.
He turns it all on.
His love and admiration for me outdoors does not make for a good photographic subject.
 This is the best one of the bunch.
Hobbes: "I'm gonna sit right up against you, I'll keep you warm"

Me: "Hobbes, look at me.  I just want a picture of your face."

Hobbes: "Ooo, what's that in the weeds?"

He looked at me and looked down just as the camera clicked.


Hobbes: "I see something"
Hobbes: "It smells like a rabbit right here.  Do you smell it?"
Me: "No, now will you please just look over at me?"
Hobbes: "Seriously, I smell something.  Come sniff and see if you think it was a rabbit."
Me: "No thanks"

Hobbes: "You still cold?  I'll sit right here for a minute and warm you up."
Me: "I think it's you that's cold."
Hobbes: "Well, that hurts my feelings.  I was trying to be nice."
Hobbes: "I shun you."  "However, I'll sit right here and do it."

I finally gave up and just laid down in the grass.

Me: "Hobbes, PLEASE just look this way one time."

Hobbes: "Hang on, I think I see something."
Me: "Nevermind.  I'm going inside.  I'm cold."

3 comments:

  1. He is a beautiful cat! Fuzzy does the same thing to me....I have to be ever so sneaky.

    ✿♥ღLinda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hobbes is one pretty cat. Love all the pictures. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He doesn't mind showing his profile though. And he is quite adorable from the back of his head.

    ReplyDelete