Thursday, September 12, 2013

Good Morning from 7MSN

"Wait, you're going to someone's house that you met on the internet?"
"She lives where??"
"What do you mean you won't have cell coverage?"
"You're going to her ranch to care for her animals and you don't even know her?
"Why?"
*****************************
I was asked those questions and many more when I announced I was headed to Carson's ranch at 7MSN.
I would love to have met her under different circumstances and I'm certain she feels the same way.

It's no secret that she lives alone.
It's also no secret that she's currently in the hospital.
She needed help.
Help taking care of the ranch.
                                                                                              
Her sister, Kathleen came first.
Next came Danni.
Now me.
Danni will come again and two more friends will follow in the coming weeks.
Carson should be out of the hospital in a day or two, but the sometimes heavy lifting that is required on the ranch is not on her "how to heal" list from the hospital.
                                                                                                                                

  
                      
      I arrived yesterday with a lot of help from Justina and Don from Morning Bray Farm.
I'd never met them either.
Don drove me out over muddy hill and muddy dale. 
Sloppy, greasy, questionable low places.
It rarely rains here.
Several inches have fallen in the last week.     
                                                              
  

 So, the question remains---why am I taking care of a complete stranger's ranch and animals?
I really don't consider Carson or Justina or Don or Danni, strangers.
Just think of them as modern day pen pals.
We've followed one anothers lives for over 5 years.

The world is so full of bad news.
Full of reports of people doing horrible things to one another. 
To people they know and people they don't know.
The kind, thoughtful people rarely make the news.

I want my kids to know that nice things do occur. 
That helping real or imagined strangers is a good thing.  
I didn't give a ride to a hitchhiker, 
I'm helping a friend.

9 comments:

  1. I would do that for lots of my blog friends also! Two thumbs up for you and MAGIC thoughts and prayers for your lovely blog friend!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a rare gem! I'm so proud that you belong to my family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a true friend. Some of my best friends are people I have met on the internet but never in person. When a friend needs help it shouldn't matter who that friend is we should help and that is just what you did. God bless you and I will say a prayer for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm proud to call you a friend, CeeCee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I totally understand how we get involved in following each other's lives as blog writers and readers. I totally get it...and good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know where the volunteer to ranchsit 7MSN was, but I'm really impressed at how it all came together. I hope Linda is well soon, and that you got a few minutes to spend with her and get acquainted better. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I followed you over there! Well done Volunteer 2

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a very special lady CeeCee. I know you don't know me. I live in Albuquerque and have visited 7MSN so knowing what I know of where you were, you are an angel. All of the ranchsitters that have and will help LC are wonderful folks. 7MSN is not an easy place to find and being out there alone and caring for the darling critters was a test of your goodness. You have paid it forward for your kids for sure and they will be so proud of their Mom and what she did for a friend. Having been a mentor for kids and teenagers for over 20 years, it never escapes their view, who you really are. The memory of this gift of grace will be a gem in your crown forever. I just had to let you know how wonderful I think you are. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, CeeCee - you truly earned your 7MSN ranch spurs! You never even hesitated to help out in this situation and it truly made me love you even more...you are a fiercely independent and capable woman that impressed the HECK out of me - nothing was going to keep you from tackling this challenge head on.
    High five, Ranch Sitter Sister.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete