Wednesday, June 19, 2013

To Quit or Not to Quit, That is the Question

I've been contemplating the end of my blog.
Will I or won't I?

What are my reasons?
Pro-Con?

A very important subject that I haven't blogged about. :(

Reasons for Ending:

I'm so very far behind on lifetime events, that I can't possibly cover them.
Birthdays, graduations, Easter, Vacations, etc.
I feel guilty covering the mundane if I haven't covered the joyous/important---therefore I cover nothing at all.

My computer is terribly slow.  It especially hates dealing with photos, and I believe photos are the meat and potatoes of any blog.  When clicking on your photos to pick one, causes the computer to freeze up, it takes all the fun out of it.

I started this blog so my kids would know more about me.  I think I've covered everything.  I have nothing to hide, nor anything new to share.

Several of the blogs that I enjoyed sharing with and reading, have stopped publishing.  I used to feel a bit of friendly peer pressure--"If so-and-so can publish a post about (fill in the blank), then I can come up with something too."

My life is blessedly and cursedly boring.

Reasons for Keeping It Up:

Maybe, one day, my kids or husband will care/read about what I write.  

I still have a few blogs that I read and love--this is the place that I have them marked.---Although I've even quit commenting on their blogs because I've gotten lazy. 

It really was never about outside readers and commenters.  It was for my family.  Although, if you go back to the top of this list, you'll see a flaw in my plan.

**********************
Maybe I'll give a Cliff's Notes version of life's happenings and move on.
Maybe I won't.


4 comments:

  1. Please don't quit! I love reading your blog! My blog lacks the "meat and potatoes" too because blogger freezes up when I try to add pictures... it ticks me off to say the least. It doesn't matter if you get busy or get caught up and don't blog about things... life is busy happening around you and your blog goes by the wayside at times. It happens. It's life. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hate to see you give up your blog as I have enjoyed reading it. I can certainly understand you reasons but I would miss you and your adventures. May God guide you in your decision to blog or not.
    Your friend, Linda M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always enjoyed reading your blog and would really miss it and you if you decided to stop. God will help you make the right decision if you just ask Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If something becomes work it is time to stop. Although, I have enjoyed getting to know you, I understand. Many of those I loved to read have moved over to FB, like it better and have never come back to the blog.

    It's been nice, Ceecee!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete