Sunday, May 5, 2013

I Remember When She Was Born...


 ...And now she's got 3 kids of her own.
My niece, Sarah's birthday was in late April.  
My sister, Nora and I met up in Wisconsin to help celebrate Sarah's birthday and meet our newest great-nephew.
A few days full of love, laughter, melt-downs, toddler arguments, good food, silliness and snuggles.
We went for a couple walks, played outside, did a wee bit of shopping and mostly just talked.  
It's so good to be able to do all those things and experience those things, face-to-face.
Skype's got nothing on an actual visit.

Great Aunt Nora and Luca
Beautiful smile
"Can I take your picture Aunt CeeCee?"
Pretty fine aim for a 3 year old, don't you think?
"Let's make silly faces, Aunt CeeCee"

"Aunt Nora, make a silly face!"

Bella holding Luca and keeping him entertained

Sarah's Birthday cake.
Seriously, the very best cheesecake I have ever eaten.
In. My. Life. 
Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to you......

Make a wish and blow out the candles!

Wonder if her wish will come true?


Ryan cutting the cake and Aunt Nora getting plates.
I'm just taking pictures and waiting on my piece.

Chocolate cake on the bottom. Cheesecake in the middle.
Raspberry yumminess on the top.
All of it wrapped in a chocolate ganache'.
Did I say it was the best cheesecake I have ever eaten?
In. My. Life.?
Grayson agrees with me

He's a man of few words

"Aunt CeeCee, make a silly face."

"Aunt CeeCee, make an angry silly face."

"Smile momma"

"Okay momma, now close your eyes."

"Aunt Nora, now you close your eyes."
Luca is enjoying his bouncy seat instead of cheesecake.
Maybe next year.
 

Big, blue-eyed boy.
Sarah calls him Mr. Moose.

Sitting still for a minute. :)

Going on a date!

It's not as hard as Sarah and Ryan say it is, taking care of 3 kids under the age of 4.
Oh wait, there were two of us and a movie in the DVR.
And food.

And it was almost bedtime.

So happy together!


Smiley boy.

The end.

I'm adding a footnote.
American Airlines, whom I hate with purple passion, did something unbelievable.
I got to Wisconsin and back on time, with no trouble in any airport.
Never. Happened. Ever.
I must have used up a boatload of Karma points!










2 comments:

  1. What was in the cheesecake? You all look crazy in some of those pics!

    It was decorated beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great pictures. You all look like you are having a good time. Isn't it amazing when an airline actually does what it is supposed to do?

    ReplyDelete