Friday, May 3, 2013

I Promise I Still...

....Read Your Blog

I try to leave comments on all the blogs I read.  

I have just been terribly busy.

Eric and I were out of town for a week.
Immediately following that, I was in Wisconsin visiting Sarah, Ryan and the babies.
I got home and it was time for Jenna's prom.

I also have 3 new charges who take up a great deal of time.


These are the bunny brothers.  
Don't know if they are male or female, but 'bunny brothers' seems to fit them.
They came in with 3 other siblings.  
Their nest had been located by a family's dog and rousted around a bit.
The 3 siblings died within the day.
Judging by their weight and size, they were less than a week old when I got them in.
Tomorrow, they will have been with me a week.
They are living in spite of me.
I'm beginning to think that bunnies have a better chance of survival (if forced into rescue), the less time they spent with their mom.
Only time will tell.


"I don't do birds." 
That's what I tell people when they call about baby birds.
You can see how that worked out.

This baby was rescued from inside the walls of a diesel mechanic place in my little town.  
He'd fallen into the wall from the nest that was 20 feet up, near the ceiling.
They took the wall apart.  The least I could do was "do birds".
It's a Starling.
I know, I know.
Starlings are an introduced species. 
Messy. Bossy. Noisy.
I couldn't resist this little face and eager mouth.
This mouth wants food every 30 minutes.
Really.
Every 30 minutes during daylight hours.

Jenna is graduating soon.
Parties, announcements, Senior pictures, folks coming into town, cleaning, pasture mowing...

Quinn is in the soccer playoffs with his club team.

My brain is so busy, I forgot about Mother's Day---until Preston reminded me.
I want a zero-turn, 48 inch deck lawn tractor if anybody asks.

So, those are my excuses for not commenting.  
I do read you every day.  
I pray if you've got something bad going on.  
I giggle if something silly happened.  
I smile at a lovely story.  
I marvel at your artwork and craftwork.  
I am jealous (in a good way) of your photographic eye.  
I feel bad for those of you that are still receiving winter weather---it's May for goodness sakes!

PS.  The squirrels moved to the next installment of their lives.
A large, outdoor cage at another rehabbers place.
By now, they've opened the cage door and will continue to offer the babies food until they quit coming around.
They're young adult squirrels now.
Time for moving out.



No comments:

Post a Comment