Monday, May 13, 2013

51 grams minus 28 grams =10 Days

I'm certain there's not a math teacher on the planet that could make heads or tails of that math problem.
That's because it should read like this.
The difference between 28 grams and 51 grams is 10 days.
That's how much my rescue bunnies have grown in 10 days.

When these two came in, the largest one weighed as much as 5 quarters. 
 (trivia: 1 quarter weighs 5.67 grams)
Now the largest one weighs almost as much as 9 quarters.
Or, if you don't have 9 quarters to rest in your hand (cuz I know you will want to)
the average large egg weighs 50 grams.  
If you're getting the idea that they're tiny, you're right.
They are, however, giant compared to 10 days ago.
I'm just delighted that they are alive.
I was certain they'd die.  
They've started nibbling grass, carrot shavings and some Chia sprouts that Jenna grew.
They have a lot of growing to do before they're ready to be put out on their own.
It'll be hard.  
I've grown attached to these tiny bunnies.
I still haven't named them.  
I know better than that.

3 comments:

  1. They are so cute. I can't believe you were able to raise them as I've heard it is near impossible when they are that tiny. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture absolutely melts my heart.
    I am in awe of what you are doing with the rehabilitation...you are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow they are cute! Good work on raising them up!

    ReplyDelete