Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Jenna's Prom

Beautiful in Blue!
Whoever said you can't go to your prom with a bunch of your friends, without a date, and have fun----didn't have very good friends.  
Jenna and Jeremy (her boyfriend), being ever practical, decided that him  coming in from college for prom would be silly. 
 Lots of money for a 2 day stay.

Rachel, Jenna, Morgane
April 27, 2012
All the girls got ready together at Jordan's house (in the turquoise dress, below).  
Hair, makeup, nails, the works.  I wish I could have been a fly on the wall.
Then they gathered at a local park for pictures.  All the moms showed up with camera and made them pose and smile.  
Good sports, all!

Ladies: Mica, Morgane, Jordan, Mikayla, Jenna, Rachel.
Gentlemen: Jacob, Marcus, Parker

They all rode together to PF Chang's for dinner, wandered around downtown Austin a bit for many, many silly pictures.  
What did we ever do before great cameras in phones?  The kids have posted many a dorky picture on Facebook.  

Three Amigas, being silly (as usual)
I honestly didn't hear much about the actual prom.  I think it was okay.  
Lots of fun and dancing in large groups.

l-r
Mica, Jenna, Jordan, Mikayla, Morgane, Rachel
After prom, they went for breakfast at Kerbey Lane.  Jenna wandered in to wake me up at 2am.
I'm so very, very glad she went and made great memories with her friends.
I can't believe that the school year is almost over and we'll be sending out graduation announcements this week.
"And that's all I'm going to say about that." ~Forrest Gump

Katie and Preston
April 17, 2010
Speaking of prom----
I did something that I'm ashamed of, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.
I had several posts regarding Preston's dating years with Katie.  
When they broke up the last time, I thought it was for good.
It was painful for all of us.
I deleted all those posts. :(
They're gone forever---I've looked.
Katie and Preston patched up the broken places in their relationship and are now engaged.
We've all healed are are looking forward to their wedding in January.

1 comment:

  1. I love prom season...glad I am not going and don't have kids going yet, but it is a special time and a great time...and going with friends is just fine!

    ReplyDelete