Tuesday, March 27, 2012

They're Baaacckk!

photo credit: Dan Kaiser


My little 'flying cigars' , Chimney Swifts are back.
I heard the first twittering of the season in my chimney just last night.
These birds twittered before twittering was cool.
Speaking of cool, Chimney Swifts eat more than a 1,000 mosquitoes sized insects a day.

Cornell University's ornithology department has an amazing website for bird lovers.
If you want to know more about my little summer visitors or any other bird, here's the link.

8 comments:

  1. We could use a few of those mosquito eaters around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take some of the most amazing photos! Do you think you would enjoy Sunday Stills? I would be fun to have you be part of us.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I forgot the photo credit for that Swift (Dan Kaiser). I do love to take pictures though, thanks.

      Delete
  3. Hooray! Thank you for the link to Cornell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "These birds twittered before twittering was cool" Ha! That made me laugh. Beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty birds. I've counted two so far. I'm hoping it's a Mr. and Mrs. and not just a couple bachelors.

      Delete