Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Many Faces of the Birthday Boy

Yesterday, my first born turned 20 years old.
I don't know how that's possible, since I'm only about 30.
Well, maybe I'm closer to 40.
Or 50.
Anyway, we celebrated.

We have a favorite pizza place that always ends up being the go-to place for birthdays.
Afterwards, we came home to eat the amazing homemade, triple layer German chocolate cake. James and Grandma created it with love, as they always do.

It also happens that Tom bought his first car last weekend. A '99 Ford Taurus.
It's a long way from his dream car, but "dream car" and "first car" seldom come at the same time in life.
It's in amazingly good shape mechanically and physically for its age.

He asked for money for a gift this year and that's exactly what he got.
Turns out buying your own car, tax/title/license, and a few other must-haves (jumper cables, extra oil for the slight oil leak, a tire gauge, etc.) can put drain on the bank account.

Happy Birthday, Tom!
I hope it was a good one for you!
I can't believe that it's been 20 years, but time flies when you're having fun.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your son. Time sure does fly when our children are growing up. And you are not a day over 30 either :) I say that with experience haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Tom!!! That Taurus may not be his dream car, but I bet he loves it! He's so handsome, CeeCee. You have such a beautiful family! Oh, and now I'm craving German Chocolate cake..... :)

    ReplyDelete