Monday, June 20, 2011

A Heat Advisory or Maybe Not?

Jun 20, 2011 7:05 PM

Hi: 79°F
Lo: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Gust: SSE 34
Heat Index: 82°F
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 71°F
Avg Wind: 7 S
Pressure: 29.63"
Rain/Month: 0"
Sunrise: 6:30 AM
Sunset: 8:35 PM
Moonphase:
Phase


What you see above, is a copy of what shows up on my computer, via WeatherBug.
According to Weatherbug, my county and the surrounding counties (heck, just about the whole state) are under a "Heat Advisory".

I don't know where in the world except at the magnetic poles, would 77.4* be considered a Heat Advisory.

What does Heat Advisory really mean?
It means:

Stay the heck indoors.

Run from air conditioned building to air conditioned car and then back into an air conditioned building.

Wait until dark to mow your grass. (Wait, scratch that. We don't have grass because we're under an 'Exceptional Drought')

Go jogging only if you want people to shake their heads at your stupidity and prepare to be nominated for the Darwin Award when you drop dead of heat stroke.

If you're jogging with a dog,---don't jog with a dog!

Ask an extra $15 bucks an hour if you have to work outdoors.

Call in sick if your outdoor job is roofing or laying asphalt. An extra $15 bucks an hour won't cover your hospital stay if you have an heat stroke.

Being snarky is just my way of handling the 16th day above 100* and seeing that number 77.4* According to Weatherbug, it has been 77.4* all day. It's also only been blowing only 7mph all day. I don't think the wind got that memo. More like 17mph.

I promised myself last winter, when it was 18*, that I would remember how much I hate to be cold when it's over 100*.
I've forgotten how much I hate to be cold.
29.63"


3 comments:

  1. It's like someone drew a line and said, "Northwest wet and dark, Southwest hot and dry." Whoever is in charge of our weather needs to be fired and sent to the only place hotter and dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but you made me laugh. I forget how much I had winter when the heat piles on and on and on. But I do say you all are burning up down there. I agree with Leenie!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. I laughed out loud at the jogger comment. That's me! No, not the jogger... the person who shakes their head at the stupidity. :D

    Stay cool, my friend!

    ReplyDelete