Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thankful Thursday


There's "Silent Sunday" and "Wordless Wednesday" in blogger land.
I'm starting a new one.

Thankful Thursday.

It will be a day to blog about something you are thankful for. It doesn't have to be something profound. My hope is that you'll look into your life and be thankful for the small things as well as the obvious things.
I sometimes forget to be thankful.

Mandalay Sleigh Bed, Full, Espresso stain

This week I am thankful for a lovely, soft bed and pillow.

No, this isn't my bed (Pottery Barn), but it could be. I have a king size, pillow top mattress, box springs and a feather pillow. I have a padded mattress cover and a good looking set of bedding--complete with dog hair from our much loved dog. I sleep indoors, in a temperature controlled, bug-free room.
It's something that I take for granted. Not only are there millions of people on our planet that don't have such luxury, there are probably people right here in my little town.

What are you thankful for today?

8 comments:

  1. Thankful Thursday is a GREAT idea! And your thankful is a good place to start. A warm, soft, clean bed is something we so take for granted. Thank YOU for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for the opportunity to take a hot shower whenever I like and for as long as I like.
    bil

    "Thankful Thursday"... great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very thankful for living the life I do.
    I am thankful my boys have grown into the wonderful, smart, kind men that they have.
    I am thankful for being in love with an incredible man.
    And every morning when I wake up and head out to the barn, and when I sit and watch and talk to all my animals, I am at times literally overwhelmed by my good fortune.
    It's good to remember how fortunate we are - it is sometimes too easy to be distracted by things that just don't really matter and forget how lucky we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for friends like you, who remind us to be thankful. It is a great idea for Thankful Thursday. Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cool idea! Maybe I'll do it on Tuesday as I'm doing a history one on Thursday now.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea. I have very many things to be thankful for, and today I'm thankful for your post that reminds me to stop and remember how incredible blessed I am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be really thankful if I could remember to proof read my comments before I post them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, CeeCee. We do take so much for granted, so it's a good thing to purposefully stop and think about what we should be thankful for once in a while.

    ReplyDelete