Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday 2

Somehow, I've managed not to post anything in a week.
It was a very busy weekend and this week has managed to fly by.

This week, I am thankful for a healthy body.
Actually, I'm thankful each and every day that I can put two feet on the floor and get out of bed.
Lately, I've been working outdoors.
Gardening, weed pulling, plant moving, putting down mulch, etc.
I've been twisting, turning and bending in ways I don't normally do.
What that means is, everything aches.
It's not a 'weekend warrior' sort of thing anymore.
Every single time I do anything out of the ordinary, my body fusses at me.
It tries to convince me that I'm too old to be doing such things.
I disagree.
I believe in the old adage--Use it or lose it.

That said, I am thankful for a healthy body that can twist and turn and bend.
I am also thankful that it tells me when 'enough is enough'.
Lastly, I am thankful for Advil.

What are you thankful for this week?

4 comments:

  1. Boy, and here I thought I was the only person whose body was going to "pot" and hurting every time I did something even though I am not out of shape. I am just thankful I am still able to do as much "work" as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plants are beautiful Since I'm almost retired Terry has me working so hard on the farm I don't have time to work in the yard. I'm exhausted.

    Linda
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. (maybe Will Rogers)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, use it or lose it. And thanks for Advil. The garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks quite happy, CeeCee!

    I'm so thankful that it really looks like Leland pulled out of his recent and scary ailment. So thankful! :)

    ReplyDelete