Saturday, November 20, 2010

More Bits and Pieces

First, let me say that not one of these pictures is mine.
I'll to the 'why' on that in a minute.

This weekend is busy for me---in a very good way.


No, I'm not traveling to Michigan.
Our niece, Livvy, is traveling to see us for Thanksgiving.
We haven't seen her in who knows how long. I think G'pa knows how long.
I digress.
She is getting here on Sunday evening and staying until Thanksgiving day.
"She's leaving on Thanksgiving day?", you ask.
Yes. She's not a seasoned flyer, and we figured leaving on a day that wasn't quite so hectic would be beneficial for her. We'll be celebrating our Thanksgiving on Wednesday instead.
More on this subject next week.



Who knows what this is?
Looks like some sort of fancy CD player to me---or at least the inside of one.
I'm wrong.
It's a hard drive.
The Apple people tell me that not only does my computer need a new video card, it needs a new hard drive as well.
((Deep Sigh)).
At this typing, I don't know what we're going to do. We may just go get it with it's new video card and see how it does without a new HD.
This is why none of these pictures are mine. My pictures are all on my Apple.
((Deep Sigh))


If you don't know who these three kids are, then you should.
We've watched them grow from mere 11 year olds to now fighting for the safety of the entire world. Harry Potter and his buddies have captured the hearts and minds of a generation of children (and their parents).
Honestly, I'm sad that it's almost over.
The movies, for the most part, have been very well done and follow the books quite well.
I will hopefully be seeing this movie in the next week or so.
Pearl is attending a Harry Potter Party (say that 3 times, fast!) today. All the food is based on food in the books. Then they'll all attend the movie together. I wish I could go!


Lastly, it is the weekend of our annual Thanksgiving dinner for the men and women who attend our breakfast program at church. Homeless or not, we serve anyone who attends.
This year will be far different than the 18 previous ones.
Our church is undergoing some renovations and it is unsafe for the attendees to come into the building.
We will be serving a "to-go" dinner of Ham, Sweet Potatoes, Stuffing, Green Beans, Pumpkin Pie and a bottle of juice.
Unfortunately, our breakfast program will have to be on hiatus until construction is finished in late April.

And so, I better get in the game for my upcoming weekend and get off the computer.
I hope you all have a great weekend.
What will you be doing?

5 comments:

  1. Oooooh NoooooOO! Not the hard drive! Good thing you've still got the ancient PC to limp along on. (How did we survive without computers and internet???.) If Santa wasn't so busy bringing expensive toys to all the kiddies I'd suggest you hit him up for a new screamin' fast 'puter for Dec. 25. I'll hope he has room in his sleigh for you anyway.

    Glad people like you are there to make sure hungry people get a good meal once in a while. There are a lot of empty cupboards right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are busy CeeCee! So sorry to hear about your danged computer. *sigh*

    We're headed to Amarillo to visit a friend for the day/night.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cee-Cee,
    Sorry about the hard drive. As my mother used to say, "if it's not one thing, it's 3!"

    On the bright side, it will be great to see you niece next Thursday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're packing 22 people into a room sized for 15 people max....and I can't wait! I'll be eating tofurky but the rest will be eating the standard fare...I can't wait!!!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Hope you have a great day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete