Friday, August 6, 2010

Twenty-Two Years

Six cities
Six addresses
One apartment
Two rentals
Three houses
Eight Vehicles
Two birds
Several rodents
Four dogs
Two orange cats
Innumerable chickens
One lizard
One snake
Some tadpoles, grasshoppers, beetles, caterpillars, butterflies and spiders


Lots of laughs
Lots of sleep loss
Lots of tears
Several fights
Some scary times
Some times when I thought we wouldn't make it
Lots of joy
Lots of understanding
Lots of silliness
Lots of compromise
Lots of listening
Lots of hearing
Lots of hugs and kisses
Lots more I haven't listed

Three kids that I wouldn't trade for anything
Kids that wouldn't be who they are without you and I working together.
Kids who wouldn't be who they are if we didn't feel free to disagree about how to raise them.
Kids who wouldn't be who they are if we didn't work out those disagreements.
Kids who wouldn't be who they are, if they didn't see the model we try to create for them every day on how to do this marriage thing right.
Kids I'm crazy proud of.

One husband, whom I love with all my heart.
One husband that I wouldn't trade for anything.
One husband that has worked very hard on our marriage.
One husband that I've been thrilled to have as my partner for the last twenty-two years.
One husband that I hope will be glad to spend the next twenty-two years with me.

Truly, Madly, Deeply.
Love You, Sweetie.
Happy Anniversary.

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, patient, tolerant loving gentleman you must have for a hubby! May your love and life and family continue for a long, long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was working all day and meant to call you but go figure, things were crazy busy. Thanks for being a role model for me and for all of those other young people that are married and in love and making it work for the long haul. Marriage is amazing but it's also hard work sometimes. Thanks for demonstrating to me through your dedication and devotion to each other that it's all worth working through! Here's to a lifetime of love and happiness together!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary you two... sorry I missed the day. Time is sneaking by on me. Hope you had a special day. See you in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cee Cee. I missed it. I apologize. I've been so bad about writing on my blog and checking on others :( Happy Anniversary!!!! And what a beautiful tribute. I just love it. Many, many, many more to you both. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. CeeCee - Happy Anniversary to you both! Randy's and my 22nd anniversary is just a few days away. I actually didn't think about it until I read your blog & realized that our day is coming up real soon! I hope you both had a great anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete