Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Somebody turned 80 years young yesterday.
Someone I love and admire.
Someone that has been supportive and thoughtful and caring and helpful.
Someone I try to model myself after in many situations.
Someone who loves my kids like crazy.
Someone who thinks of others before herself.
Someone who insists on doing the kids chores when she's at the house, despite my protest.
Someone who has accepted my extended family, despite the fact that we often 'put the fun in dysfunctional'.
Someone who, when she calls the house, asks if I have time to talk instead of just starting in.
And most importantly, Someone who welcomed me into her family with loving, open arms and insisted that I call her mom.

Happy Birthday, Mom!
I love you skyfulls!
Thank you for all you've done for me and the family.
I am proud to know you and have you in my life.
I am a lucky, lucky women, indeed.
How many women can say as much about their mother-in-law?
**********
We had a lovely dinner at a local restaurant and back home for carrot cake and ice cream.
Uncle JD was able to come from Colorado to help us celebrate mom's big day.

4 comments:

  1. You've had a lot to celebrate lately! Happy Birthday to your Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks absolutely dashing! You certainly are a lucky woman to have a mother in law like her. Happy birthday to your Mom!!!
    I think her generation is one of a kind. My grandmother would have turned 80 last year but died a few months before that:(( She was a lot like your Mom and the most special person in my life. A treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Happy Birthday to you mom in law. How lucky you are to have her. How lucky she is to have you. I just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! my mother turned 80 this year, too!!!

    ReplyDelete