Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Nope, She Isn't Artistic in the Least


When we first got Smokie, Mandy wasn't too sure it was a good idea. Now, nearly four years later, she's still not too sure sometimes. This picture is one of the first times Mandy relented and just let Smoke do what she wanted----she wanted a doggy friend to snuggle with. They were both tired from playing hard. You can almost hear Mandy sigh with resignation in this picture.

This is a painting that Lee got for his birthday this year. Pearl painted it. She's not too sure she likes it. Lee LOVES it.
Of course, being the artist, she knows just where the "flaws" are.
We, her parents, who can't draw stick figures, only see perfection.
She has the gift of creativity and the ability to recreate what she sees, like my sister, Jean.
Lately, Pearl has been using the camera as her medium.
She's got quite an eye.
I just wanted to show off her work. I think she's amazing.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! On the artwork. Great way to make a treasure of a moment and a gift of talent. It's always rewarding to see people using and improving their gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering why you posted the same picture twice and then I read the text and realized the second is a painting. Wow! Go Pearl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to agree with you, CeeCee. Pearl is amazing. What beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmygosh - I bet Lee was awe stricken when he received that painting! It is absolutely beautiful. Pearl is so very talented. I agree - that painting looks just perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete