Friday, July 16, 2010

How Long Did You Say I Have to Wait?

"You have to wait at least six months. Probably a year."
"To go outside?!"
"Yes. I'm sorry."
"Whhyyyy??!!"
"Because, right now, you're small enough for a hawk or a fox to carry off. Coyotes and owls at night."
"But I wouldn't get carried off. I'd be safe. I'd pay attention."
"What if you got lost?"
"I wouldn't get lost. I'd stay on the porch, or maybe just go as far as the garden. Maybe only as far as the chicken coop."
"Sorry. The answer is still no."

"Shoot! I know I'm missing something. I don't know what it is, but I'm missing it."

7 comments:

  1. Awwww, poor little guy. It's so hard to be patient...who knows, maybe after a year, he won't even want to go out anymore! (yeah, sure) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy!! No cat that I've known has been good with patience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo sorry for Hobbes. He is such a beauty. I understand the need to keep him safe. It's a jungle out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a very handsome cat, CeeCee. I think you're doing the right thing to keep him safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sigh* Such a handsome boy. He'll be ok CeeCee. Our cats are never allowed outside. They enjoy looking out the window, but outside is NOT something they will know. It keeps them safe. It keeps our chickens safe. It keeps me sane. It's just a win/win :) Plus they are too spoiled to really miss being outside :) Keep the boy inside. Close to you. And your heart. Puuuuurrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...look that little guy. Just staring out the window. I can tell how much he wants to be out there....

    By the time he gets to go out he will love it inside so much he wont be nearly as interested in being out there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Sorry Hobbes,better safe than sorry... unless of course you want to be lunchmeat for a fox!

    ReplyDelete