Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fairy Tattoos Are Very Popular This Week


In order to find pictures of bing and Google, I typed 'Bing' and 'Google' in my little search engine widget at the top of my computer page.
That would be known as using "Keywords" to find something.
I was a little disturbed by the images I got from 'Bing', but that's a whole 'nuther blog post
---or not!

If you look all the way at the bottom of my page, there's a little box that says StatCounter. I only look at it about once every six months. Mostly because I forget it's there.
It allows me to see who has visited this site. Where they live in the world (city, state, country), and some other stuff.
Many people come here by accident.
They type in a Keyword in a search engine and something pops up on their screen.
Some folks ascertain right away what looks useful and what doesn't.

According to my StatCounter, I am very popular with those looking for tattoos.
Really. I'm not kidding.

Here is a rundown of city, state, country and the words they typed in to accidentally come across my little blog.

Clearwater, Florida "Stupid Tattoos"
(but will you like a stupid tattoo when you're 60?)

New South Wales, Sydney, Australia "Fairy Tattoos"

Mooresville, North Carolina "Cartoon Tattoo Ideas"
(bad idea, you'll regret it later--like tomorrow)

Dhaka, Bangladesh, India "Tattoo Forever"
(Yes, they're forever)

Ames, Iowa "Barbie Fairy"
(really, really bad idea on so many levels)

Lincolnton, North Carolina "Fairie Tattoos"
(English spelling, hmmm?)

Cleveland, Ohio "Stupid Tattoos"
(Did you want a stupid tattoo? See Ames, Iowa.)

Smethwick, Staffordshire, United Kingdom "Tattoos of Fairies"
(all the rage this week)

Beeville, Texas "Couples Tattoos"
(for the couple that has everything--can you register at Target for these?)

Fruitland, Idaho "Yosemite Sam"
(See Mooresville, NC to see how theirs turned out)

London, England "Fairy Tattoo Pics"
(I feel a club being formed)

Rothesham, United Kingdom "Tattoo Gun"
(yes, it hurts)

Bakersfield, California "Girl Tattoos"
(of girls or for girls?)

Greensboro, North Carolina "Tattoo of Fairies"
(You can be the club treasurer)

Nashville, Tennessee "Tattoo Barbie"
(at last, the real reason why they're all here!)


What they got when they typed in their search was link to my post about
Really, there is such a thing.
What's interesting is, Bing claims to get you to want you want, faster than Google. Every one of the people listed above used the Bing search engine. None of them stayed more than a minute. Only the person from Nashville got what they wanted--I'm guessing. I'm hoping they don't really want a tattoo of Barbie.
To each his own, I guess.

What's even more weird about all this---all these searches took place from June 30th-July 7th. Eight short days and I got 15 hits about tattoos. Most of them about fairies.
I guess that makes me President of their fairy tattoo club?




5 comments:

  1. Random that you got a bunch of tattoo hits, funny but random. I have a tattoo (I'm sure you knew this already, right?) and while I don't regret it, I do wish I would've waited longer to really fully think about what I wanted and why I wanted it. Think before you ink! Just saying;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny post! I enjoy posts that just make you laugh - thanks!! :-)
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny what brings people to your blog. Looking for tattoos and finding chickens must be a surprise. My place gets a lot of hits for my photos of my feet with a daisy painted on one toe. Not a tattoo. But it took forever to wear off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious, CeeCee! I loved your commentary under each of the search phrases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine didn't hurt. It's a different feeling but it was never painful.

    ReplyDelete