Thursday, April 29, 2010

Under Texas Skies

There's a long-time saying that suggests, 'Everything's bigger in Texas'. When I lived in Missouri, I thought that was a lot of hooey.
After moving here, it didn't take long for me to believe it. The sky even seems bigger here than anyplace I've ever been. In fact, I wanted my blog name to be Under Texas Skies, but it was already taken. Instead, I use it as my blog address.
Pearl and I are constantly taking pictures of it. I thought I'd share some of our favorites.
Today our sky is sunny and nearly cloudless. What did your sky look like today?

Double rainbow by Pearl

Rain moving in
by CeeCee

Thunderhead
by CeeCee (my favorite to photograph)

Sunset
by CeeCee

Sunset with a vulture riding the thermals
by Pearl

Sunset with a storm moving in
by CeeCee

Leading edge of the rain
by CeeCee

Rainbow
by Pearl


7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Cee Cee. Those pictures are just awesome. What a beautiful sky you have there. I think I would never get anything accomplished for just staring at that amazing sky. *sigh* thank you for sharing your Texas sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Those are some awesome skies; we don't get anything like that here in WI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are beautiful CeeCee. Coming to Albuquerque from Maryland, I now know exactly what you mean by big skies. There are so many times when I look in front of me and say, my goodness... I'm just not used to being able to see that far. Most times in Maryland you can only see so far as across the street. Here in New Mexico, most times you can see so far you could watch your dog run away for three days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your thunderhead photo is AWESOME! And all the views of the incoming storm are something rare for most people. I sometimes wish I lived a little closer to the mountains but the skies here almost make up for it. However, when we lived in New Mexico the exploding clouds and drenching storms were extra spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! The sky definitely DOES look bigger in Texas!

    ReplyDelete