Sunday, February 28, 2010

Taking Some Time Off

This might last a day or a week or month or forever.

I'm just not feeling anything remotely interesting or creative anymore. Nothing to write about. Nothing to take pictures of.

Has my blog run its course? I don't know. Maybe. My original intent was to let my kids into a part of me that they may not know.
Let them see that I have interests outside being a mom.
Lately, I don't.
They know all there is to know about me right now.

Maybe this is important for them to know--
That sometimes, this stay-at-home mom has times when she is doing the exact same thing every day that she's done for years.
Sometimes my brain just shuts off and I get my chores done each day by remote control. Sometimes I'm just not interested enough in my own life (outside my family), that I even want to pursue something new. It would be too much work.
When I feel like this, I just ride it out.
Something will come along that interests me.
Right now, I'm just doing mom stuff.
It's important stuff.
It's just not something I can take pictures of or need to write about.

400th post.

11 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself. We all need a break soemtimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed your blog, CeeCee, and hope you will be back.
    You are right, you ARE doing important stuff. Your focus has been in the right place all this time. Some day, your kids will recognize this.
    ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a natural flow in life. I haven't written much in my blog all winter. It's easier to use facebook because a line or two is enough.

    Might part of the blahs be the upcoming graduation and all that goes with it, along with Tom moving away to college? I thought that was a very difficult time. I tried to be excited for Kristin and I smiled while I grit my teeth and hoped I didn't tear up in front of her.

    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there CeeCee, take your time, take a break. We'll be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking care of yourself and family is the most important thing. We'll definitely be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always enjoyed reading your blog, and hope you'll someday feel like blogging again. Maybe you'll decide on a whole new spin. Take care of yourself...you and your family are, as you say, most important!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aunt CeeCee, I hope you'll be back... it's allowing me to see a part inside of your life that I feel like I've missed. We don't talk often enough and the everyday things get lost when we do talk. I love your blog and I've enjoyed it... I hope it's not the end. :) Mom stuff is really important, even if there aren't pictures to take or things to be said in a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CeeCee - I always love looking at your pictures and reading your blog posts. I understand what you are saying, and I hope your spirits will lift and you will once again feel like blogging in the near future. Take care of you and yours. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you've been going through a blog funk. I get that way sometimes, too. When I do I just 'cocoon'. It's ok to just step back sometimes and spend time with family with no other pressures or obligations.

    Congrats on the 400th post. I'd say you deserve a little break :)

    (((((hugs)))))
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete