Monday, February 8, 2010

Nobody Loves the Dogs

Our dogs are highly mistreated.

Somebody better call PETA and the ASPCA.
They never get special treats.
They don't get to lay in our beds.
They aren't allowed on the sofa.
They don't get to lick plates before they go in the dishwasher.
No one ever makes special trips in our house to find a dog to love on.
No one allows the dogs to lay on top of them immediately after the alarm goes off, and lick their face.
No one absent-mindedly rubs Mandy's belly when she parks it on top a foot when you have your legs crossed.
No one opens and closes the back door a thousand times a day to let them chase squirrels, and airborne vultures and butterflies and helicopters and deer.
No one appreciates the fact that Smokie has something to 'say' on just about every topic.
No one wants to be reincarnated as one of our dogs in the next life.
And most certainly, no one wants to roll up in a sleeping bag and snuggle a dog.

Our dogs are not loved. Not one bit.

7 comments:

  1. Awwwww! I love that picture!!!! But I do feel bad for your dogs. Poor neglected pups...... And they look just miserable too.

    I had to laugh at the "No one ever makes special trips in our house to find a dog to love on". Not that I could relate to it or anything......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those poor dogs! Shame on you, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your dogs and my dogs live in the same household. Poor, neglected, mistreated critters. We ought to be ashamed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh CeeCee,

    That was adorable. We must be cast from the same mold. We actually call our house the Hairy Hacienda. Wearing black is not advised if you'd like to sit on the furniture and coming to visit is definitely not advised if you don't like dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be one of your dogs! I love being treated so 'cruelly' and so inhumane. ROFL!


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. It truly is sad how neglected your dogs must be. I'm with Lisa, I want to come and live at your house as one of the dog pack! No responsibilites but to be loved on, the humans do everything for you... yeah, that's a dogs life all right! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! Your house sounds like mine ;-)

    Nothing makes my heart happier than to see a loved pet...

    ps. I love your blog (your header is gorgeous)... and you love dogs. What better ingredient for a blog I say!

    ReplyDelete