Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Color Yellow

Saturday and Sunday, I spent quite a bit of time out looking for our missing cat, Lucky.
I was pretty beat down by Sunday afternoon.
I had come to some resolve about it, and needed to take an emotional break.

I took the chicks out in the yard, for only the second time in their month long lives.
It was finally warm enough for them to be out.
As I lay there, them dashing away from me, and then dashing back into safety, I soaked up the sun. I thought about how many different colors of yellow they are right now. Yellow is such a happy color. When I was a little girl, the sun was always bright yellow in the corner of every picture I ever colored. Even pictures I drew of snow scenes.
The color yellow was my salve on Sunday. The sun was out, and the chicks hovered close by.
Lucky was many shades of yellow as well. That was one of the many things that made me like him so.

August, taking a bath.

"I heard something, did you hear something?"

"You got any snacks in that thing?"

"Is it safe to be this far away? Will you watch for hawks for me?"

7 comments:

  1. Awww, sweet little baby faces! It seems SO long ago that mine were this tiny - my chickens will be two years old next week - how time flies. I'll be they just loved exploring the grass and taking in the heat from the sun! Nice respite for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooo cute! I love their cute little faces! And I like the color yellow too. It's always been my mother's favorite color, so it always reminds me of her and makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute chicks! It's been almost a year since I've had chicks around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chicks are sooooo darling! Can't wait to watch them grow up with you. I absolutely love that third picture and swear I saw the yellow flowers of forsythia as I was driving in Albuquerque yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life does go on, and the sun does shine and spring does come. But it still hurts to lose a pet. I hope Pearl is doing okay, as things go, and that you are too. The chicks are indeed as sweet and cute as can be...soon they'll be big and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog! Your little chickies are so adorable. So sorry to hear about your kitty. I am a cat lover too. Ours are inside cats now, and one got out a week after we moved in our home acouple years ago. I was heartbroken, as I had not got the door shut all the way and she snuck out. We did everything like you to try to find her. I cried for days. I had used a pet psychic a few years before. She had been gone about a week and I finally called her. She gave me great insight as to what and where she might be. I came home that night and within an hour, I found her! It was truly amazing. I will pray for your baby's safe return home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little chicks are so cute. Glad they brightened your day and provided a little comfort.

    ReplyDelete