Saturday, January 23, 2010

Chick, Chick, Here--Update


Well, I let Lee know that I wanted more chickens. I gave him my reasons.
1. I didn't get miniature horses for Christmas.
2. I miss fresh eggs.
3. My oldest child will be going off to college in the Fall and I'm feeling maternal about the whole thing. I will need something to soothe my heart. When my oldest went off to preschool and started loving another woman (his teacher), I needed something to soothe my heart then too. We had another baby.

Lee's okay with a few chickens.
He asked one thing. "Do you think you could train the new chickens to NOT poop on the front porch?"
I'll see what I can do.

Hugs and kisses to the bestest hubby a girl could have.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for new chicks. But that just got my mind working...if you get new chicks when the oldest leaves for college...then something a bit larger when your second oldest leaves for college...by the time James is heading out..who *knows* what you'll have in your back property! Keep on hoping, Cee Cee!! :-)
    By the way, donkeys, mini horses and goats are far less likely to have any interest in pooping on the front porch! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I found your blog by following links. Since, we're getting ready for chickens ourselves, I find your reasons highly logical and quite excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm.....good advice. Next time I'm really wanting something badly enough and my hubby is shaking his head, "NO", I think I'll just ask for another baby instead.

    hehehe!

    Can't wait to hear about what chickens you'll be picking out!


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!! And CeeCee, I think you are on to something with the whole needing something to soothe your heart approach...... I'm thinking if you walk by Lee and once a month mumble "*sigh* A baby sure would soothe my heart right now......." you'll soon run out of room for all the critters he'll be getting you! ;-) Can't wait to see pictures of your new peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. baby or chickens... good strategy there! ;-) Keep us posted on your chick enterprise!

    ReplyDelete