Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We Missed Her Birthday

The other day, Lisa, over at Laughing Orca Ranch was asking if Pearl had created anything in honor of Thanksgiving. I told her no, but that she had been busy with another project.
She created a tiny version of my sister's dog, Lou. It was for Jean's birthday, which we missed because Lee and I were in Arizona dealing with his broken hip.
My only solace in missing my sister's birthday, was that James was the first person to call her to wish her a happy birthday, and that Pearl made her such a special present. You see, Jean is the artist in our family. Lee and I, neither one, can even draw stick figures properly. Jean appreciates the love and effort it took Pearl to recreate Lou. Jean knows it means so much more than any store bought present.
I know she had great fun with her friends here in Austin. We were finally able to take her out to eat for her birthday, and her present is coming from the rest of us, soon.
Happy (very) Belated Birthday, to my bestest big sister.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! That little dog Pearl made is positively fantastic. What talent she has! It is sooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pearl is my Favorite Artist, bar none! And I love my tiny replicant of Lou. xo, aunt jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Props to Pearl!
    JD

    ReplyDelete