Sunday, November 22, 2009

One Step Closer

I've been trying for weeks to get a decent picture of Mr. Cooper Hawk.
He's been diligently picking off the darn House Sparrows, one by one. He just doesn't like having his heroics documented. Every time I've gotten within a hundred feet of him, he flies away. I must have taken 30 pictures of him before I got this shot. Unfortunately, it's through a not-very-clean window. He's also very smart about staying in the shadows while hunting, and that makes for lousy picture taking light.
I'll just have to be patient. Maybe I'll give the kitchen window a good scrubbing, just for kicks. It may be the only way I'll be able to get a shot of him.

6 comments:

  1. It looks like a pretty good picture, even if the window was crystal clear. Hawks are such cool birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes aren't that good, anyway. So, it looks perfectly fine to me. Actually, a very good shot, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty bird, I love the pattern on his breast feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. an awesome picture. Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pictures (always!); love your 'notes' (always!; and, pssst (love you, always, sis!) trebor notsel

    ReplyDelete