Monday, November 30, 2009

The Dorkier Side of Thanksgiving

Somebody ate too much pie. Somebody has been eating too much pie for several years now. Somebody's husband might get in trouble for taking this picture at all. Somebody thinks gravity ought to give her facial structure a break.
It's much easier to look thoughtful while wearing grandma's glasses.
Good thing the jacket has a hood and can be cinched up tight. It gets sooooo cold in Austin.

In case anyone wonders if our local newspaper needs an new proof reader. They had one of those special pages that has ads that laid over the front page.
Also, in case anyone thinks Lee is all work and no play. He was the first one to notice this and the one to get a picture of it. His parents are so proud.
Photos may only be taken when everyone has a mouth full of food. At least I've trained them to chew with their mouths closed. Otherwise, eeeewwwww.

I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and had a few things to laugh about as well.

8 comments:

  1. What a fun family time! You're a very good sport, Cee Cee. :-)
    You all look so happy (and silly). lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post! You shared your fun... I miss having family around. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. roflmbo! You all know how to have some 'serious' fun! And you're brave to put that photo of yourself up. I take that back....you're just fun :)

    Fart...no Joke, eh? lol! That just made my day. Your older son looks a little bit like Plankton in his jacket. And your youngest is doing a good impression of Mr. Magoo. lol! What was Pearl up to? Di she make anything creative, like she is well known for?

    I'm glad you all had such a special Thanksgiving together, my friend.


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danni-Yes, I was in a pretty good mood to post such an unflattering picture of myself. Silly rules the day.

    Barbee, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wish you had family closer.

    Lisa, For some reason, we all had the giggles that day. Tom took video of James doing the dorkiest dance ever. My poor mil was on the phone at the time with my bil, JD. We were making a terrible racket trying to stifle our laughing. The 'fart' part of the paper was ending of a phrase--"GIFT OF ART".
    Pearl didn't make anything creative for Thanksgiving, but I'll post some other work she did recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of you reminds me of grandma, seriously! I wish I had napped on thanksgiving! Not so much when you have a tiny sweetpea that loves attention. :) Love you and your sweet fam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate it when my hubby does that! Cool pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving...never fallen asleep after too much food myself, but it seems pretty natural!

    And the newspaper...hilarious!

    ReplyDelete