Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Dating Game

"Bachelor #1:, If you found a nice patch of grass, would you share?" 
"No."
"Bachelor #2, If there were multiple piles of corn dropped on the ground, would you eat one and let me eat one?"
"No."
"Bachelor #3, If a human lady was breaking all the rules and tossing grapes to the herd, would you let me have a few, or lower  your antlers and push me away?"

"I'd have to lower my antlers and push you away.  More for me that way."

"Bachelor #4, If there were two buckets of water for the herd would you make me wait until you've had your fill, even though there's a bucket you aren't using nearby?"
"Yes."
"Bachelor #5, Does it bother you that your actions might keep me from getting strong and healthy enough to carry a fawn this winter?"
"Not in the least."  "Survival of the fittest."  "Haven't you heard of Darwin, girl?"

"Bachelor #6, Once the rut begins, would you chase me into to traffic, despite the fact that we both might be killed?"

"What's traffic?"  
"Last question for all of you.  Once the rut begins, will you love me madly and follow me around like a fawn, forget to eat, forget to drink, and make a general nuisance of yourself?"

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes."

"Okay, I choose the biggest, fastest, best fighter as my date because he has the nicest antlers and will lose his mind long enough for me to get something to eat and drink."  

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! Made me smile this morning for sure! Those are some good looking bucks there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! Stay inside...save yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are nuts, just like the rest of us :) I mean that in the most loving way possible! Let's talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun post, even though it is wrapped in reality. We're there really that many deer out in your pastures? wow.
    Your pictures were sublime!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete