Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Dance Begins

Both Tom and James would probably roll their eyes at that title, but I must say that soccer is as beautiful to me as a dance.  They do amazing things, contort their bodies in impossible ways, all while keeping their eye on each other and the ball.  They make split second decisions that make or break that 'dance'.  
I so enjoy watching the boys play.  This is James' first year in a Select league.  Tom played it for years.  It's a different game than recreational soccer for sure.  James got a goal in his first match.  He was disappointed that they lost, but I was just so proud of all the boys on his team for all their teamwork and not giving up.  They played hard, all the way to the end.  

Saturdays and some Sundays will be spent watching soccer until November.  I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go James and Tom!! I love soccer and hope that someday one of my kids (someday there will be more we hope) will play. Congrats on your goal James, that rocks!

    ReplyDelete