Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

July 4 fireworks
I'm going to admit right now that this isn't my picture. My iMac had a mental breakdown yesterday after updating Adobe stuff. It now won't even turn on. Monday, it will be visiting the Apple store at the mall. You know how I love the mall, NOT.

Our plans for today are simple. Lee went to ride his bike with a man I've been acquainted with for years through Pearl's years in Girl Scouts. He lives just one neighborhood over and mountain bikes on the 366 acres behind our property. I've always wanted Lee to ride with him, as Lee's riding buddies live so very far away from us.

I need to get to the grocery store for some supplies and then I'll be chillin' until my youngest cutie, James, gets home from camp. Hooray!! We've all missed him this week. I hope he had a great time, despite a very sad boy letter I got from him just last night. Broke my heart and made me want to get in the car and drive 2 hours to get him. Tom, my oldest, says he felt the same way at camp without me the first time too. He reassured me that James had a great week despite the letter.

This afternoon, G'ma and G'pa are coming over for ribeyes, coleslaw, corn on the cob, and some grilled veggies. Angel food cake, strawberries and homemade whipped cream for dessert. They've been gone for a couple weeks trying to get their house in Arkansas ready to put back on the market. Anybody want a beautiful house on a lake in Northwest Arkansas? Just let me know!

That's all from here. A simple day to be celebrated with many thanks to all those people that have made it possible for us to have this holiday at all.

What will you be doing today?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful meal with your family.
    My twinlings were the same way about missing me and their Daddy after the 3rd day at camp. They even used a friend's cell phone and called us crying.....made me cry, too.
    It's tough when our babies are away from us...even when they are old enough to.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete