Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Global Warming is Here

Lago Vista is about 30 miles from my house, as the crow flies.  Good thing, too.  I'm not too sure my air conditioner could fight temperatures like theirs.  
I guess I could do all my cooking outside, which would save turning on my oven and heating up the house.  On the other hand, I suppose opening and closing the door to get to my baked goods would bring heat in anyway.  

Wait, it says that it feels like -460*!  I'd need to break out a parka to make cupcakes.  That would be okay, except I don't have a parka.  Cupcakes, hhmm, better rethink that idea.  Those temperatures are better suited for pizza or homemade bread.  Great, I'll get to gain weight while I'm either dealing with +460* or -460*.

With the humidity level hovering at a very dry 19%, it will feel hot (or is it cold), but it will be a dry heat.  That makes me feel better.

I better run out this morning before it gets to those temperatures again and bring in the chickens.  Don't want to have baked chicken for dinner, do we?  Hhmm, baked chicken.  Isn't chicken considered a lean meat?  I wouldn't gain weight?  
I know which chicken Lee would vote to leave outdoors.  



1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! At least there's no wind chill. Looks like no wind whatsoever.

    Hey - I presented you with a blog award http://backtobasicliving.com/blog/honest-scrap/ I know, I know. Not a good way to start off our new relationship, but it will be fun! Really. And I'll get to learn some stuff about you right off the bat ;-)

    Penny

    ReplyDelete