Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 167 Challenge

Okay, I'll admit it.  I can't think of anything interesting to write about, but want to write.  It's the opposite of how I often feel.

I've decided to post a bit of a challenge.  Today is the 167th day of the year.  The cutie-patootie picture you see to the left is the 167th picture in my digital picture catalog.  


There are currently 13,568 pictures in my catalog, stretching back to 2001.

This picture comes from the year Lee and I surprised the kids with a trip to Disney World for Thanksgiving.  We packed all their bags while they were at school and loaded them in the back of the van.  Made arrangements with the neighbors to look after the house and dogs.  We then took them to dinner at one of our favorite pancake houses (Jim's) and then about mid-meal we made our announcement.  Tom and Pearl just couldn't believe it.  James was too young to really understand, but he was excited because they were excited.  After dinner, we jumped in the van and headed for the airport.  It was so much fun.  

The picture was taken the next morning at a 'Character Breakfast' in the Magic Kingdom.  Winnie, Eeyore, Tigger, and Piglet were in attendance.  Breakfast with friends from the Hundered Acre Wood was the perfect way to start the day.
*******************************************************************
So, the challenge is:  If you don't have anything in particular to post about today, consider looking back at old photos and telling the blogging world about picture 167.

4 comments:

  1. That is a really cute story! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great surprise for your kids! I love that story.

    My pictures are scattered between 2 computers and a hard drive I use for storage right now. I need to get organized. So rather than posting about picture 167 (which I'm not sure I could find in that mess), I should spend the time consolidating pictures into one place! But I may bake some bread instead ;-)

    BTW - you are a LOT more creative about finding something to write about than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a post...too bad I couldn't find my 167th photo if my life depended on it. They are on varies external hard drives and I can't imagine finding one of the firsts. Yes I need to get a system and get organized. I'm glad you found your's, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like fun...and I often feel like you, not really in the mood to blog.
    But I've got so many photos, that all I have to do is just open on my photo albums on my computer, and get inspired.
    And then I feel like I'm so far behind! lol!

    Cute photo by the way. What great memories. :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete