How wonderful to receive an award and gain a new blogging friend at the same time. I was awarded the Honest Scrap award from a lovely blogger with the moniker of In the Shadow of Juniper Hill.
The Honest Scrap award only has a couple guidelines. 1.) you have to list 10 things about you that many people don't know about, but are true. 2.) you have to tag 10 people with the award. 3.) you have to let the people you've given the award to, know that they've received this award from you. Lastly, make sure you link back to the person who awarded you.
Ten Things About Me
1. I went through a punk stage in the early 80's and got a mohawk when my parents were away on vacation. They weren't pleased.
2. I have eaten opossum, raccoon, squirrel, and rattlesnake--on purpose.
3. I killed previously listed rattlesnake and his brother with large rocks. When I was 13. I wasn't the brightest crayon in the box I guess.
4. I knew, and was actually friends with George Brett when I was a little girl. He's now a Facebook buddy and claims to remember me after all these years. I'm such a name dropper. :)
5. I want to live smack dab in the middle of 100 acres. Not gonna happen, as I can't take care of the four acres I already have. I guess that means I can't have all the hoofed (hooved??) animals I could ever want? Spellcheck says 'hoofed' is correct.
6. My best childhood friend and I once caught 20+ crawfish and put them in a 10 gallon aquarium in her basement with about an inch of water in it. They died. Her mom didn't get nearly as mad as mine would have. Twenty dead crawfish stink---bad!
7. Speaking of childhood friends--The worst spanking I ever got was for cutting a neighbor girl's waist length hair. I didn't know why I was in trouble--she asked me to cut it!
8. I was into cross-stitching before I had kids. Not so much after they were born. Not enough time or patience for it.
9. I initiated the first kiss with my dear hubby. He was getting out of my car, slowly as though he wanted to kiss me but wasn't sure if I wanted to kiss him. I hit the electric lock on the door and the rest is history.
10. One of my dearest and bestest friends is an Aggie and a Republican, but I "love her more than my luggage" anyway.
Her revenge for me telling this, is that my first born has A&M at the top of his college list right now.
Bonus points to anyone that can name the movie that last quote comes from.
And now, the winners of this award are:
Please visit these bright, thoughtful, funny and smart women on their different walks in this life.