Saturday, June 13, 2009

I'm Headed Out


(Chocolate flower, I kid you not. Smells just like cocoa. Look closely and you can see a tiny crab spider. She must like chocolate, too.)

A week ahead without computer, television or newspaper. It may frighten some, but not me. I am headed to be a counselor at our church's camp. This week will be kids that are in high school. I really can't wait! I've always gone for the elementary school camp and it's a lot of really hard work. A 24/7 job, literally. The high schoolers can take care of themselves, I just have to make sure they don't bleed or sneak off for naughtiness. I've known most of the girls in my cabin since they were toddlers. Now, two of them will be headed to college next fall! ((sniff, sniff, sigh)).
I will get to see my own son, Thom, in all his camping glory. He evidently opens up quite a bit at camp. I'll just have to make sure not to be seen or heard by him. I don't want to cramp his style. I've missed him this week. He's been away in Florida with a friend. I don't think I'd have missed him so much, if I wasn't keenly aware of the fact that he'll be a Senior next year and then off to college. I kind of like him.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm off to pack up my camping (in cabins with air conditioning) stuff. I'll be back a week from today. Take care.

5 comments:

  1. Have a great time. You will come back tired but refreshed I am sure. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great time! Thank goodness you'll have air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like fun. Hope it all goes well and you have a super time. I'll be looking forward to hearing your camp stories when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay cool!! Have a wonderful experience. My mother always told us when we entered camp, she was no longer our mother!! She was a counsellor. Worked for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun mom...maybe you can sneak in a few embarrassing hugs while you are there...

    ReplyDelete