Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Stills



This week's Sunday Still Challenge is:
Black and White

I chose to follow another theme as well. That of Mother's Day. Human's are not the only Mothers in the world, although I doubt in the animal kingdom that they get celebrated with kisses, cards, flowers, and dinners out.
I choose to celebrate the Mothers in the the animal world because they have it so much harder than I do, without all the benefits.
____________________________________________________________

Little buck fawn, waiting for mom to return with lunch.
Fawns wait most of their first month of life. Mom only comes back to nurse 3-4 times a day.


Mockingbirds wishing I was mom.
Or maybe wishing I was dad. Both parents attend to the babies.
Mockingbird parents work tirelessly throughout daylight hours to feed their babies.
However, they are empty nesters after only 12 days.

17 comments:

  1. Ohh! Thats so sweet of You!
    Great captures by the way! The mocking bird shot is AMAZING! Too good! A perfect Capture! :D good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give that to ya, both are great shots. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way could I choose a favorite, great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the mockingbirds shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are great. Hard to believe those little mockingbirds leave after 12 days! They grow up so fast, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, how did you get the baby bird shot? The fawn picture doesn't need words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool pictures! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both such unusual subjects- great work! I love baby anythings! (Except insects and most reptiles now that I think about it.:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are real Ahhhh... photos! Terrific!

    You asked about Royal, he is a Tennessee Walker. His breeding is from the foundation stock which is big with long legs and long smooth stride. He is heaven to ride.

    Just can't say how much I love that boy. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, really, really nice ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You put a lot of thought into these. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comments. I also live in the Edwards Plateau, Texas Hill Country. We are probably neighbors as the Texas Crow flies!

    Yes chickens are often uncooperative photography subjects. I love the pic on your blog banner!--Sage

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to tie in the challenge with Mothers day! Awesome pictures, so sweet of that fawn! Loved your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those a so cute! Absolutely love the fawn!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice! you take such excellent photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos ..both of them! Very interesting about the Mocking Birds! I also enjoyed your post about the juicer..LOL..but you lime juice looks great and the story about the fawn in your yard..both excellent, very enjoyable posts! :)

    ReplyDelete