Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New York, Day 2

She's seeing Wicked tonight.

She went to Chinatown.  I wonder what she ate--she'd be the one eating eel and chicken's heads.  She's a crazy adventurous eater.  I also wonder if she bought something fun.
Aerial view of Ellis Island
She went to Ellis Island. I wonder if she was able to find my grandmother's name on the wall? The length of that walkway to the mainland must have made it feel like "so close and yet so far" to my grandmother's family.

The tour company decided it was best to take the kids out of downtown during the St. Patrick's Day parade. I can't imagine why. :)

I also wonder if we'll get pictures of this trip.  She has an extra card, but used nearly all of the memory in the 1st card yesterday.  I encouraged her to look at each picture closely and decide if she needs several pictures of one subject--if not, then delete.


4 comments:

  1. What a great trip! I'm jealous, to have such adventures again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fantastic opportunity! I'm sure she'll have lots of stories to tell when she gets home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gasp! Delete pictures? Can it be done?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Chinatown when I was there long time ago. It's like a whole other world. Lucky Pearl!

    ReplyDelete