Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Blast from the Past, Part II

George Brett
You'll never guess who I'm 'friends' with on Facebook.
Yes, it's really him and yes, he remembers me.
I should be all star-struck and giddy, but I'm not.  It just gave me a smile to see his "George Brett has added you as a friend" email this morning.  I never knew him as a Hall of Famer.  I knew him as the guy next door with a summer job.  He got the whole winter off for heaven's sakes.  Lucky-duck!

I won't be sending him email or Facebook entries.  He has 578 'friends' for goodness sakes.  I don't have any desire to catch up or be invited to BBQ's or his kid's birthday parties.  More than anything, it's just nice to know he remembers a little girl that had a mad crush on him 30+ years ago.

7 comments:

  1. Awww, I *knew* this would happen - there was no way he wasn't going to 'add' you once he knew you were out there. This may be one of those people who, after a brief separation, remains a lifelong friend.
    Jeez...578 friends, huh? How does one even remember the names of 578 people,let alone maintain friendships them?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I can tell, famous folks add just about anybody to their FB pages. On the same line that he added me as a friend, he added 7 others.
    My neighbor is on FB with a couple movie stars he's never met before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 578? Dammit. I only have 577.

    Thats an awesome story tho. Totally cool that he remembered you. I mean, you could be like me and converse with someone who doesnt remember you at all. Im just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I'm going to have to work hard to catch up to 578 friends! Maybe in, on, a lifetime or two I'll make it!

    But it's neat he remembered you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is neat that he remembered you. Of course you are an "unforgetable" person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey CeeCee, Very Cool! xo, nj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice story you never know it could be one of those American love stories about a million to one happenings :)

    ReplyDelete