Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Can I Get an Amen!!


On my sidebar, you'll see a plea for rain.  We have not had measurable rain at my house since June 30th.  Before that it was April 26th.  The weather guessers tease us with 30% and 50% chances of rain all the time.  What normally happens is, it rains really hard for 18 seconds and then quits.  Yesterday we had a 100% chance of rain for the first time in forever.  It rained all 100% for about 18 seconds.  I spent the day pouting. 
 
This morning, the cat wanted out at 5:30.  When I opened the window he hesitated and I, in my sleepwalking daze, couldn't figure out why.  Then I realized the sound I was hearing was water dripping off the roof!

It has rained lightly, since then.  When it got light enough, I went out to visit with my rain gauge.  I was astounded that there was in inch of rain in it!  

So hurray, hurray and happy dance for the rain!  The fire danger is over for the time being.  


7 comments:

  1. It's been raining here for weeks and we don't have our cistern up yet to collect it. I'm afraid this may be the rainy season here and we are wasting it! Need to get on the hubby to get things moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how frustrating it is when they forecast rain and you only get a drizzle or it blows right over the top of you giving you nothing:) And going 6 months without rain is bad news. So Hurray! I will dance with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for the rain!!! I know what it is like to go through a period of no rain. I always joke about how my lawn "crunches" when you walk on it or how the color of my lawn could give Crayola ideas for new shades of brown. So here's an AMEN to your Amen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your rainfall CeeCee!
    That's great news. Hope you get some more soon.

    ~Lisa
    New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's quite possibly time for another visit to the Pacific Northwest for you, CeeCee...we've got record rainfall and flooding going on...between the two of us, it's either too much of a good thing or not enough...what is up with that?
    Congrats on your rain...I, too, felt relief when it warmed up enough here to turn the snow to rain. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. With so much rain in this part of Oregon it seems so funny this time of year to hear someone praying for rain. But I do realize fire danger is ever present in these situations. Happy for your little bit of earth washing.

    ReplyDelete