Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Play on Words


Frozen Vegetable

Snow Mobile

Frozen Chicken with Polar Bear Swim

Snow Dog

I bet you can't guess what happened here last night?  Really, guess!  James ate green beans!  
Okay, I know it's hard to guess, so I'll tell you.  It snowed!  We set a record high yesterday with 81*.  A cold front blew in and brought a 50* drop in temperature. It also brought some much needed precipitation. First it rained, then it sleeted, then it snowed.  
I was positive that this is the earliest our area has seen. Wrong.  It snowed 1 to 3 inches in west Austin on November 8th, 1955.  The latest date for snow was March 10, 1932.  On average, Austin receives measurable snow every 2.9 years.   


4 comments:

  1. OMG - a 50 degree drop in a matter of hours? That's incredible. They (crazy forecast persons) are forecasting something big for our area this weekend, but our big is *only* going to be a 30 degree temp drop. lol
    Loved your frozen vegetable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I bet your were in shock with that temperature drop. Who would have thought....Texas and snow. It just doesn't sound right to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's quite a change of temperature! the snow looks pretty cool. I like your play on word pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your play on words, CeeCee!

    Hmmm, I would say you've got your first mega hard freeze. gah! That's quite some drop. Brrr!

    But what fun to have snow in December. Maybe you'll get another one for Christmas day?

    Green beans, you say? Good job James!!

    ~Lisa
    New Mexico

    ReplyDelete