Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Look what I got from SugarCreekStuff!  Please be sure to visit her site, because I love her blog too.  She's an artist, a mom, and a self-proclaimed penny pincher.  You ought to see what she does with every day garage sale finds.


I visit many blogs, and so picking just 6 will be hard.  
1. Lisa, over at Laughing Orca Ranch is a homeschooling mom to 3 kids.  She lives in New Mexico, has all the animals I wish I had.  She also has another blog devoted to her kids. I've decided that she and I often live in parallel universes, for the things we have in common.

2. Danni, over at On the Way to Critter Farm, needs to change the name of her blog.  She's officially reached Critter-ness.  She has achieved the small, family farm that she'd dreamed of.  She also is a foster home for donkeys. She makes you want donks!

3. Kelly and Meg over at Future Farm House are a young couple doing their best to make a difference on the planet.  I love their description of themselves, so I'm stealing it---"Vegetables, environmental politics, DIY projects, beer and chicken stories feature prominently, along with book reviews and cooking experiments."

4. Tia, over at Health Food Made Easy makes navigating the world of "will make you thin, will make you live forever, will make you look younger, will make you feel younger, will turn your hair red, will grow hair on your head.... " claims, a little easier paddle through.  She gives easy to understand information on things that are good for you, and debunks the myths that are running rampant in foodie advertising these days.

5. I think you all probably know about Ree over at Confessions of a Pioneer Woman.  I can say that she was the first blog I ever read. I read her back before she was internet-famous.  Back when she might get 10 or 15 comments a day.  Aside from being very gifted and funny, she showed me that blogging could be a great creative outlet.

6. Last, but certainly not least, is Vonda, at Little Egg Farm.  She's a mom, a grandma, a wife and runs a farm in Oregon.  She sees beauty all around her, and shares it with everyone.  Her photos are delightful---make you feel like you are right there.  Her storytelling draws you right to where she is and what she's doing.  I notice she's already gotten this award, so she gets a pass on giving it out 6 more times.

6 comments:

  1. Awww, you are so sweet, CeeCee. Thank you :)

    And we not only live on parallel universes, we live in parallel states.
    After my wonderful weekend recently at another blogger friend, 7MSN's, ranch I think it's time the two of us got together, don't you.

    Mi Casa es Su Casa, Amiga! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your blog. Funny, buggy and feisty with beautiful pics thrown in.
    I sure hope you and all the other Texans weather this weekends storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cee Cee. That is so sweet that you did this. Ohhhh now I am waaaay behind. I love so many blogs that I just hate to narrow it down. In fact I keep adding more. Pretty soon I might just give up blogging and just keep reading. You are great! Hope things are safe for everyone there. Prayers and warm thoughts are with everyone in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to come to NM!

    Looks like the storm made a hard right and we might not even get any rain! I feel so badly for those on the coast, but I was hoping to get a drop or two of the wet stuff. Thanks for all your concerns

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm a little behind and catching up on my blog reading this morning, so imagine my surprise when I saw my blog won an award! Thank you!!! I appreciate your thinking of my blog and the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete