Friday, September 5, 2008

Double Digits




Happy Birthday, James!

Happy Birthday my littlest dude!  I can't believe you are double digits!  Ten years ago this morning you were born.  You were born just after 9am on September 5th. 
The nurses all thought it was great fun that I was in labor on Labor Day.  I didn't think it was as funny as they did.  You didn't make a sound like most babies do when they are born.  You just laid in dad's arms and looked around.  It worried him, but I thought maybe you were just saving up the crying for when we got home. You surprised me by being a great baby.  You only cried when you needed something.  You're still a great baby, only you aren't a baby anymore. :)
Dad and I are very proud of the young man you are growing up to be.  You get along with everyone, you are smart, and still pretty laid back--just like the day you were born.
Happy Birthday Boo-Boo.  


James playin' the blues on his guitar.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday James! I love the video of you playing your guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I've never met anyone who has actually labored on labor day!

    Happy BIRTHday to you, CeeCee!
    And Happy Birthday to little dude, James!

    I don't know what I enjoyed more, James' serious guitar blues skills(man! he's GOOD!) or the videographer (hubby?) dancing along with the music and just jamming out. I was smiling so BIG just imaging the joy in that room at that moment :)

    Oh! I also wanted to say thank for stopping by my blog to wish me a happy birthday yesterday, and giving me such stellar advice and kind support. It is much appreciated.


    Love ya!
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!
    That's his big brother doing the video. They're 6.5 years apart and get along great (most of the time ;)).

    For his birthday, he invited his 3 best buds over for bike riding, swimming and movie watching. Two slept over and they are now swimming again--before breakfast. Today, we'll have the family party. We're picking Grandma and Grandpa and heading to his favorite pizza joint. After, we'll eat G'Ma's famous, triple layer, German Chocolate cake. Yum!

    ReplyDelete