Thursday, May 1, 2008

Overindulged

Disclaimer: No pictures, but a rabbit died in this post.  We have an indoor/outdoor kitty that usually brings home rats and mice. He's very good to have around, as we'd be overrun with rats if it weren't for him.

Lucky is clearing trying to tell me something here. This picture came on the heels of a bit of overindulgence on his part the night before.

James saw Lucky at the back door after dark and just let him in without giving him a second glance.  The dogs took an unusual interest in Lucky and I could hear him growling at the dogs--not normal.  Turns out Lucky had brought in a rather large rabbit to snack on.  Pandemonium in the gameroom! "Grab the dogs, put them outside, where'd the cat go, is the rabbit still alive....".   I thought I'd simply take the rabbit away from Lucky, put it outdoors and then he'd follow--NOT.  He had a death grip on his prize and wasn't giving it up.  I had to hold the rabbit in one hand and the cat in my other arm and carry them both outside.
  
Lucky ate half the rabbit right away and saved the other half for early morning.  Needless to say, that's far more than he ever eats. He occasionally brings home a small rat or a mouse. He stayed in the position you see in the picture for half the day.  Didn't move a whisker.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I don't know what to say.

    Thanksgiving dinner digiestion problems, eh kitty? hehe

    ReplyDelete