Friday, April 25, 2008

Can We All Say, "Aawww"?



These four babies belong to Mr. and Mrs. Purple Finch. One of my best friends, Taggie, knows I'm crazy about birds and picture taking.  Her husband came upon this nest by accident while cleaning up his plant beds in his courtyard.  She called me right away, and it's a good thing she did.  It looks as though these babies were about to fledge.

Speaking of birds, I've asked for a bird nest cam for Mother's Day.  You mount it in the nest box before a nest is built, hook it to your computer, and let the spying begin.  It has an infrared light so you can watch without disturbing parents or babies.  I found one for $79 and free shipping online.  Don't you just love the computer!  The same one at our local birding store is $119 plus tax.  I digress.

Hopefully, if I get one, I will be able to post some web cam footage.  Of course, that may be a pipe dream since I can't even figure out how to post a link.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh CeeCee!! You sound so much like me with the camera always posed to take pictures of the amazing little miracles you find all day long.

    If you do end up buying that cool 'spy cam' I'll be eagerly awaiting those awesome birdie (and other critter) videos!

    ReplyDelete