Thursday, March 13, 2008

Why? I always wonder...

...why people blog.  For me, it's to keep a journal for myself and my family in  a way that's a little more interesting than the standard paper journal.  It's also so I might meet a few people along the way who share common interests, may it be raising children, growing all things green, soaking up unconditional love from my animals, working on a happy marriage, mourning the loss of my mother, living near beloved in-laws,  and working on the future of our planet one bit at a time.

I'd like to introduce you to the cast of characters you may encounter.  
CeeCee--me.
Lee-dearest husband
Thomas--first born son (16)
Pearl--dear and only daugher (13)
James--wonderful "baby" who is no longer a baby (9)
Grandma and Grandpa--my wonderful in-laws
Mandy--neurotic, but well behaved German Shepard-Cattle Dog mix
Smokie--multi-layered Cattledog-Spaniel mix
Lucky-luckiest cat I've ever known.  Also the only cat I've ever had (I don't own him, he owns me.)
Lucy, Pearl's pet rat.  Smart and very cool pet!
Chickens with names (read: pets who happen to lay eggs)
I also have many friends and extended family whose names I'll introduce later.  

I hope you might follow along.  We aren't that interesting, but that's the way we like it.  We have the standard human problems, but nothing we can't overcome with the help of each other and lots of prayer.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the introduction!
    Come visit me and my menagerie sometime at my blog, too.

    I started blogging for similar reasons, as well. I used to scrapbook as my way to 'record family history' and journal my thoughts and feelings, but scrapbooking became to time and material intensive. Blogging is also a great way to connect and learn from others, too.
    I'm having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the invite to come visit your blog. I love it! It's amazing how much we share in common---there would be more ( more animals ;) ) if my DH would allow it. He's cut me off, "Please, no more animals!"

    ReplyDelete